Saturday, June 14, 2008

emily in rapid exposer

this post is focused on the number 2 - because i was noticing a trend ;P
so lets get started shall we?

2 random acts of kindness - okay so the first one isn't so random...or my own for that matter, but my mom did drive me all the way downtown yesterday which was awfully nice on her part. Although, it might've taken a minimal amount of begging, i finally ended up at our downtown art museum, which i've been pining for the last few months. But before that, we had to park, which brings me to my random act of kindness. when my mom went to put change in the meter she said she thought the time of the guy next to us had run out. i thought that fifty cents on my part would cause a lot less damage than if the guy were to recieve a fat fee. So i suggested we put more change in for him, and gave him 20 extra minutes to get back to his car.

2 new summer dresses - the first i ordered from pinkice for my end of the year celebration and got a really nice response from everyone there, the second one i fell in love with at forever 21 ... the belt which has been showing up in a lot of my outfits lately is from a boutique called jade (i seriously need to get another nice belt)

sorry that these aren't very nice pictures...i'm thinking about doing an outdoor photoshoot with them and other outfits for an upcoming post.











the belt slipped a little here, and the dress is a little frumped because the photos were taken after the wild dance XD























mkay so this one, sorta reminds me of an aztec peacock :] hah. i love it!





<-- i apologize, my hair and makeup aren't done. it was early...at least on summer terms.


2 books emily is loving -

an amazing memoir...

and a sweet and fun novel...

2 fun things emily did this week -

  1. biked to the library with my neighbor, all very fun until my neighbor's bag of books & movies got a hole and they spilled all over the road, hah. (we found ways to improvise and get them all home.)

  2. as mentioned above, visited the art museum. The exhibit was of the great Mr. Warhol's work and it was incredible. dozens of thousands of people had traveled from all over to view the series because it was rare to have so much of his work in one place. I went in alone, and enjoyed it very much, i liked having a little one on one time with Andy :p. After veiwing all of his stuff, i noticed that there was another floor and so i decided to explore. Upstairs i found rooms of landscape paintings, most pretty drab. The rooms were fairly empty besides a few bored looking security gaurds who paced the floors making sure i didn't stuff a particularly garish abstract into my oversized bag. After that, it was like having a bad taste of undesirable paintings in my mouth, so i returned for one last dose of Warhol's work before leaving.

a fabulous print i bought for my wall...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcom to the blogasphere! i'd love to linkya!