Wednesday, May 14, 2008

obama-rama

guess what? obama is currently speaking in my hometown. yes, i live in Grand Rapids, MI, and he is speaking live at our Van Andel Arena, along with his endorsement, John Edwards. oh, how i wish i could have gone, (it was free too!) but taking off school to wait outside in the rain from eight o'clock this morning was completely out of the question according to my parents. :p so instead, i'm watching it on the telly. My mom mentioned that my (republican) aunt forwarded her this gossipy e-mail about obama, you know the whole "terrorist" crap and what not; i love my aunt, but i'm deeply offended that she would ever do such a thing, i thought she was smarter than that, adsklfjdsklfjdskl <--my pissyness. whatever, she can deal with it when he becomes America's next president!

i think that obama's election could be a major progression in united state's politics. This prejudice bull needs to end if people ever want our country to go anywhere, i mean it's the 21st century, ARGH.

p.s. he is talking about getting out of iraq, and ending the genocide in Darfur. it makes me want to cry (happy tears of course :] ) i just hope he can stick to his word.

1 comment:

Sam said...

whoa...you live really close to me. i live in clarkston, mi. well, i guess it's not that close, but it's pretty close. i didn't know that obama was coming here. that's really cool!!

p.s. would you like to link??